Q.1 Whats the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist has completed medical school and is a medical doctor in the same way your family physician is a doctor. Since psychiatrists are medical doctors, they can recognize when psychological difficulties may be due to seemingly unrelated medical illnesses. They can also collaborate effectively with physicians in other specialties to coordinate care as a team endeavor.
Q.2 What conditions do mental health specialist at Hamilton Behavioral cover?
There are too many conditions to name each one but the following list identifies some of the more common disorders we treat:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Autism Spectrum
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Q.3 When is it time to see psychiatrist?
A Psychiatrist can address concerns about what is considered “normal” and what is not. Factors such as environment, personality, and developmental stage are all conditions that are thoroughly considered. The following behaviors should indicate consideration for further evaluation by a Psychiatrist:
- Inability to cope with problems
- Marked changes in sleeping and/or eating habits
- Frequent physical complaints
- Sexual promiscuity
- Prolonged negative mood usually accompanied by poor appetite, difficulty sleeping
- Thoughts of death
Thoughts of causing harm to oneself or others
- Self destructive behavior and habits (excessive smoking, alcohol or drug abuse)
- Frequent outbursts of anger and aggression
- Threats to run away
- Aggressive or non-aggressive violation of the rights of others
- Theft & vandalism
- Strange thoughts, beliefs, feelings, or unusual behaviors
Q.4 What happens when I make an appointment at Hamilton Behavioral?
Q.5 I'm concerned about taking medications.
Q.6 What are some treatment methods uses at your facility?
- Cognitive Behavior Techniques
- Group Therapy
- Psychopharmacology (Medication Management)
- And others
Q.7 Do you take children and adolescents?
Q.8 What is your cancellation policy?
We have a mandatory 24-hour cancellation notice policy. There will be a charge of $65 for anyone not canceling prior to this. Also, frequent cancellations may lead to termination of treatment.
Q.9 What does it cost if I don't have insurance?
Q.10 What types of insurance do you take?
Please click here.